Chula Vista Residents May Qualify to Have 100% of Past-Due Rent Covered by State

1 week ago 5

An assembly measure signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom successful June has allowed the Chula Vista Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) and SBCS (formerly South Bay Community Services) to grow and present wage for 100% of past-due, existent and upcoming rent for eligible applicants.

On June 30, Gov. Newsom signed AB 832 which expanded currency assistance for California renters and landlords. Other updates to the programme include:

  • Past-due rent assistance paid to landlords: This programme volition present wage 100% of past-due rent for those who qualify. Previously the programme paid 80% of arrears if the landlord agreed to forgive 20%.
  • All applicants who had antecedently been approved for assistance volition automatically beryllium allocated the further assistance to supply 100% of the funds approved.
  • Past-due rent assistance paid to the tenant: Previously this programme paid 25% of past-due rent with nary forgiveness of the remaining 75%. This programme volition present wage 100% of past-due rent for qualifying renters.
  • All applicants who had antecedently been approved for assistance volition automatically beryllium allocated the further assistance to bring them to 100%.
  • “Prospective rent” (rent owed connected and aft April 1, 2021) paid to landlord oregon tenant: Previously, applicants could person 25% paid done assistance with nary forgiveness. Approved applicants volition present suffice to person 100% of rent covered for this timeframe.
  • Eviction moratorium: The eviction moratorium volition present expire connected October 1, 2021. It was antecedently acceptable to expire connected June 30, 2021.

The City of Chula Vista is encouraging renters and landlords to use for the ERAP portion determination is inactive backing available.

Local

“This further rental assistance from the State is overmuch needed and we admit the support. Even arsenic our assemblage starts opening up and gets a spot person to ‘normal,’ we admit that galore of our residents are inactive struggling,” said Chula Vista Mayor Mary Casillas Salas. “Help with rent payments is inactive available, and I promote renters and landlords to apply."

SBCS volition prioritize applications based connected household income and employment status. Within precedence groups, applications volition beryllium processed connected a first-come, first-served basis.

Eligible households indispensable beryllium tenants of residential properties located successful the metropolis of Chula Vista, astatine slightest 1 subordinate of their household indispensable person experienced a alteration successful income oregon summation successful expenses owed to COVID-19, oregon they person been presently unemployed for 90 days oregon more.

For much details connected qualifications and wherever to apply, click here.

Read Entire Article